Moving home can be a very stressful time but Irvine Moving Solutions will guide you and your family to a successful stress free move. In order for us to do this why don’t you “help us, help you”.
- It may be the obvious but pack heavier items in the bottom of the box and lighter items on top.
- Always fill boxes to the top, avoid half-filled boxes as once stacked on top of each other may weaken the ones underneath.
- Try to be as organized as possible by looking at your inventory, this way you can keep track of what you are putting in each box.
- After boxing clearly label each box as this makes life much easier when it comes to loading and unpacking, you know which boxes goes where and will be able to find item quickly and easily. Numbering boxes can also be very useful.
- Tape is one of the most important accessories so always use good quality tape. Standard tape is not strong enough to tape up boxes. Not taping boxes correctly can lead to boxes falling apart.
Irvine Moving Solutions offer a range of packing services, including delivery of bespoke packing material. These packing services save you the time and hassle of trying to find in local stores the materials you will require packing up your belongings safely for the journey. You can find these on our website.
Other useful tips for moving day:
- Parking- If you have difficulty parking outside your house, it could be a good idea to park your own car or cars outside so that your removal van will be able to park outside. Remember the van needs more room than its own length to maneuver.
- Telephone- Make sure your telephone is fully charged, we will need to contact you about collection and delivery. Removals company may need to get in contact with you.
- Packing – Make sure not to pack important things that you may need such as keys or documents for your new location.
Better having it than looking for it:
The first night in your new home is very important and it is essential that you are prepared. Draw up a list of essentials that will be needed on your first night.
- Pack one box to take with you which will include all the essentials. This could include a kettle, cups, plates and some utensils.
- An overnight bag for each member of the family, this may include toiletries and clothing.
Less cleaning up can relieve some stress: